When are monies for quarterly taxes deducted?

All funds for a current payroll, including tax liabilities, are deducted one day prior to the pay date.

Can the pay calendar be adjusted?

Easily. The payroll calendar may be adjusted based upon your needs.

What documentation is needed for Performance HCM to process payroll?

Federal regulations require that Performance HCM receive complete and signed documentation before we can begin processing payroll. Documents needed include:

  1. Summary of Services Agreement
  2. Bank Debit Agreement
  3. Federal and State Power of Attorney

Additionally, we request that you provide the following information:

  1. Most recent payroll report
  2. Copies of quarterly and annual returns
  3. Tax deposit coupons

These documents will help facilitate future tax filings and payments.

Will Performance HCM process payroll tax filings for a previous quarter or year?

Performance HCM will only process payroll tax filings for the periods in which our services were used. Since we file and pay taxes on a current basis, there will never be a need for us to file or pay taxes for a previous quarter or year.

Can I track employees' hours/salaries to different departments?

Yes. We can handle a range of job classification levels that allow you to report payroll information for different departments, divisions and/or locations. This enables you to get a handle on labor expense allocations.

What reports are available to me?

Performance HCM meets your company’s needs by offering a wide array of on-demand reports.
Enjoy easy access to a variety of reports concerning:

  • Payroll Processing
  • Time and Attendance
  • Human Resources
  • Benefits Administration
  • Taxes – Federal, State and Local
  • Retirement Plans

Will Performance HCM help me track and accrue vacation, sick, and/or personal days?

Yes, you will be able to view the rate at which each employee earns paid time off such as vacation, sick and personal time.

Can an employee receive multiple paystubs or paychecks within the same pay cycle?

Yes. You can add additional checks or bonus checks within the same pay cycle.

Can we process a separate pay run in addition to the scheduled pay cycle?

Yes. Additional pay runs can be executed based upon your needs.

How do I obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN)?

You can submit an application for a Federal Employer Identification Number Form (SS-4) to the Internal Revenue Service.

You may apply for a Federal EIN number online, by fax or by mail. Complete the SS-4 form and then follow the application instructions to apply. Call 1-800-829-4933 for your application status.

Can I run payroll for employees outside of the United States?

Currently, Performance HCM only processes payroll for employees in the US, Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands.

Some of my employees have direct deposit but others prefer a paycheck every pay period. Can you handle both groups?

You have the option of offering your employees a physical check and stub.

Do you handle my taxes?

Performance HCM automatically calculates, deducts, pays and files all taxes including Federal, State and Local. Once you enter your payroll data, we’ll handle the tax calculations, deductions and filings. We then deposit them into the appropriate government accounts. It’s that simple.